5 questions will be shown from a total of 30 free practice questions to prepare you for CFA level 1 exam. Enjoy!
1 / 5
1. A portfolio manager has a tight tracking error of 50 basis points. The manager expects to be within this tracking error for a given quarter 85% of the time.
If that expectation is correct and each quarter is independent, the probability that the manager is within the tracking error for at least 7 of the next 8 quarters is closest to:
2 / 5
2. Which of the following statements is/are most likely correct?
I: The demand for a country’s currency is a downward-sloping function of its exchange rate.
II: Purchasing power parity refers to the relation between interest rates for two currencies and changes in their exchange rates.
III: Interest rate parity refers to the relation between countries’ inflation rates and exchange rates of their currencies.
3 / 5
3. A bookstore earned USD200,000 over the past year. At a tax rate of 40%, that bookstore incurs an income tax expense of USD80,000. Under which of the following accounting systems would the expense typically be categorized as an operating activity?
II. U.S. GAAP
4 / 5
4. Henry Williamson, CFA, is also a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (SOA). Henry is required to abide by the SOA’s Code of Conduct as a fellow. Part of that Code of Conduct is as follows: PRECEPT 4. An Actuary who issues an Actuarial Communication shall take appropriate steps to ensure that the Actuarial Communication is clear and appropriate to the circumstances and its intended audience and satisfies applicable standards of practice.
If Henry issues actuarial communications that do not adhere to the actuarial standards of practice, what Standard would Henry most directly violate?
5 / 5
5. A stock priced at GBP35.73 is projected to pay dividends of GBP1.50, GBP2.00, and GBP2.50 at the end of the next three years. At the time of the third dividend, the stock is expected to be worth GBP36.23.
If the required rate of return for this stock is 10%, the intrinsic value of the stock is closest to:
Your score is
The average score is 61%