5 questions will be shown from 30 free practice questions to prepare you for the CFA level 2 exam. Enjoy!
1 / 5
1. Which comment made by Betta is least likely correct with regard to reduced form models relative to structural models?
. Bett in his comment about the second weakness of reduced form models. It is a weakness of structural models because their credit risk measures are biased because implicit estimation procedures inherit errors in the model’s formulation.
because his comment regarding assumptions is correct.
because his comment regarding the first weakness is correct.
2 / 5
2. In sharing her research material with the subject companies, LeCompte most likely violated CFA Institute Research Objectivity Standards with respect to her report(s) on:
LeCompte violated Requirement 6, Relationships with Subject Companies, by sharing the full research report with NanoMem. Sharing any section of a research report that might communicate the analyst’s proposed recommendation, rating, or price target is prohibited by the Research Objectivity Standards. Sharing historical factual information, on the other hand, is not a violation.
LeCompte shared with UniFlash management only the part of her report on UniFlash that provides factual information.
3 / 5
3. Based on the data in Exhibit 2, the GDP growth rate in Country A using Hollingsworth’s preferred method of calculation is closest to:
Hollingsworth;s preferred method of calculating the GDP growth rate is the Solow growth accounting equation, and the rate is calculated as follows:
ΔY/Y = ΔA/A + α(ΔK/K) + (1 – α)(ΔL/L) where
ΔY/Y = Growth in gross domestic product, GDP ΔA/A = Growth in total factor productivity = 1/5% ΔK/K = Growth rate of capital = 3.2%
ΔL/L = Growth rate of labor = 0.4%
α = Output elasticity of capital = 0.3
1 – α = Output elasticity of labor = 0.7
Thus, ΔY/Y = 1.5 + (0.3 × 3.2) + (0.7 × 0.4) = 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.28 = 2.74. The calculation did not apply (1 – α).
ΔY/Y = 1.5 + (0.3 × 3.2) + 0.4 = 1.5 + 0.96 + 0.4 = 2.86
The inflation rate was incorrectly used in place of TFP in the calculation.
ΔY/Y = 1.7 + (0.3 × 3.2) + (0.7 × 0.4) = 1.7 + 0.96 + 0.28 = 2.94
4 / 5
4. According to the CFA Institute Research Objectivity Standards, does LeCompte’s first statement made during her television appearance most likely provide all the recommended disclosures relating to potential conflicts of interest?
. LeCompte provided all the recommended disclosures relating to potential conflicts of interest with respect to UniFlash. In addition to her small equity position in NanoMem and the firm’s market making role for NanoMem shares, LeCompte should have also disclosed the “benefit received” from NanoMem concerning the trip she took as required by Standard 2, Public Appearances. In addition, if news of the secondary offering of NanoMem had already been made public, she should have also disclosed the fact that Topaz had been appointed the lead underwriter.
LeCompte only provided recommended disclosures relating to potential conflicts of interest with respect to UniFlash.
5 / 5
5. The most accurate interpretation of Whelan’s conclusions concerning the pre- and post-acquisition HHI is that they are:
An HHI greater than 1,800 indicates that an industry is highly concentrated. Should the HHI in a highly concentrated industry change by 50 or more, a governmental challenge to a particular business combination is very likely. In this instance, the industry is highly concentrated and the HHI changes by 90, making Whelan’s second conclusion incorrect. A government challenge is likely.
Whelan’s second conclusion is not correct.
Whelan’s conclusion that the industry is highly concentrated is correct.
Your score is
The average score is 20%
More CFA practice tests
More CFA practice tests